Sunday, January 16, 2011

Next Up: A Collection of Short Stories

I've decided to step back into fiction on my next read, but this time I intend to read a collection of short stories.

The series entitled The Best American Short Stories of [insert a year] brings together what editors (series editor plus guest editor) believe are the best short stories published that year.  I have a number of these collections that I've been meaning to read, so I though I'd read one of those next. 

I've chosen the 1990 collection, guest edited by Richard Ford.  Ford is from Mississippi and has written both novels and short stories.  One of his novels, Independence Day, won a pulitzer prize.  I've never read anything by Richard Ford and in fact had never heard of him before choosing this collection, so I'm interested to see what stories he's chosen as the best.

As always, I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment