Sunday, November 4, 2012

More Pulp Fiction

I didn't get very far with Alexander Hamilton, though it is an interesting book.  I took some time off to read a couple of novels, one being the latest by Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol.  Not much to say about this one--the usual Dan Brown effort, laced with patches of information about symbology and other esoteric topics.  It's suspenseful, though, and I'm enjoying reading it.  I'm starting to lose track of some of the plot threads, though, toward the end. 

Before The Lost Symbol, I read a Jeffrey Deaver novel that I got from the library, XO, his latest Kathryn Dance novel (with a cameo appearance by Lincoln Rhymes).  That was also suspenseful, and full of twists (a Deaver hallmark), although I must say that I had it figured early on this time.  I think he's getting predictable in his old age!

Maybe I'll get back to Hamilton after this.  We'll see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment