Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Happens Next in Texas

Early this week I finished Migrant Souls and found myself at work with an opportunity to get the earlier Islas book, The Rain God, at the library.  So that's what I did, and started reading it.  The "sequel," if you will, is equally short, so I expect to finish it before the end of the week.

The Rain God is a very different book than its prequel, Migrant Souls. Its tone is different and even its style is different.  I found it more readable than the other, partly because it's the first book about the Angel family, and the relationships among the many members of the family are explained.  That was a problem with Migrant Souls--I couldn't keep the characters straight.

I'll have more to say about this book in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment